Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 5: Darcy Michael/stuff

Stand-up comic Darcy Michael is going to attempt to make it down to the studio tonight for his third appearance on What's So Funny?. Hopefully his car cooperates. That was his excuse back on December 7, when he was last scheduled as a guest. But he assures us he will, indeed, be there tonight. We'll talk about his upcoming gig at the Winnipeg Comedy Festival and his brand new CD, among other things. It's always fun when Darcy drops by.

***

Heads-up on a couple new comedy rooms around town:

Tonight, The Bourbon on West Cordova hosts The Laugh Factory. And on Monday night, it's the grand opening of the Bee's Knees Comedy Arrangement at the Jazz Cellar on Broadway (near Alma). Now, I've never been to The Bourbon, but I've spent many an hour at the Cellar over the years. Not only is it a great room for jazz, it's almost perfect for comedy. Not too big, not too small, great sight lines, great sound, great menu, cool vibe. I'd love for it to work out just because it's a great hang. So if you're free, you should definitely check it out.

***

I interviewed Paula Poundstone a week or two ago. That story will be in the Straight this Thursday. Once it's there, I'll report back here with some extra tidbits I couldn't squeeze into the story – don't want to scoop myself, y'understand. So keep checking back.

Tomorrow I'll be speaking to one of the members of Spinal Tap. Which one? Good question. I guess I'll find out tomorrow. You'll hear about it soon enough. If you've got any questions you want me to ask, add them to the comments section and I'll try to squeeze them in.

No comments: