Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17: Leland Klassen

It was four years ago almost to the day that Leland Klassen last visited us: May 15, 2005, to be exact. Tempus fugit, baby. I missed the giant-handed freak, so I invited him back to catch up. We set the date for tonight and then I remembered I'd be out of town. D'oh! Thankfully Colleen Brow came to the rescue and agreed to guest host for me. So I'll be listening along with you. It's a shame for me because I was looking forward to seeing Leland again. For a while I'd see him all over the place. I ran into him at Sun Peaks and we chatted in the hotel swimming pool. Then on another vacation, we stopped in a mall in Swift Current (world travellers that we are) and spot a poster for comedy starring none other than the omnipresent comic, Leland Klassen. But that was a couple years ago now. I'll miss the big fella this time around.

Leland is a Christian comedian. What's that mean, you ask? Well, it means he works clean. That's about it from what I can tell. Mind you, I've only ever seen him perform in clubs and rooms, not church halls. He plays all over the continent. After leaving our studio, Klassen heads out on the road to Virginia, Maryland, New Mexico, Indiana, Saskatchewan, Ohio, Tennessee, Florida, North Carolina and Ontario. And that only gets him through June.

I'm sorry I won't get to be there tonight. But on the other hand, I'm looking forward to listening to the show.

No comments: