Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Jan. 11: Diana Bang

Regular listeners to What's So Funny? might know about my fascination with North Korea. I've seen all the documentaries on it, have read a couple books, and follow the relevant Twitter feeds. And over the holidays, I watched the controversial new comedy The Interview, written and directed by local boys-gone-big Seth Rogan and Evan Goldberg. Nevermind that Pyongyang was played by Vancouver, the breakout star of that movie was Diana Bang. Diana is a sketch performer and actor. I've seen her with her troupe Assaulted Fish and I've seen her in a staged reading of a Shauna Johannesen play at Pacific Theatre. Yet it took for her to star in the controversial comedy The Interview and be featured in Vanity Fair magazine for me to invite her on the show. What the hell is wrong with me?! My bad. That's all I can say. Anyway, we'll talk about all of the above on the show tonight. It will be a propaganda-free hour, I promise.

We are on the air, as usual, at 11 pm on CFRO 100.5 FM. You can livestream us anywhere in the world (except, I'm guessing, North Korea) at coopradio.org.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think I'll check out the film at the Rio Tuesday, more as a demonstration of solidarity than outstanding reviews. Then again I thought This Is The End was loads of fun so who knows? Meanwhile my hard drive full of illegal Japanese anime tentacle smut will suffice as evidence of commitment to freedom of speech. Huzzah!

Jude