Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stanhope cometh

Lying in bed, sick as a dog, is a good time to scour the internet for upcoming acts. I unearthed a good one. Then again, maybe it's common knowledge and no one told me about it. It happens. Did you know (I didn't) that Doug Stanhope has a Canadian tour this summer? And he's playing Vancouver. The last time he played here, it was at Yuk Yuk's and he wasn't at his best. But that happens sometimes. I have full confidence this is a show not to be missed (unless you are a sensitive soul who doesn't like raw comedy). I see he's playing a venue I'm not familiar with: The Bourbon. I have no idea where it is but I've got a couple months to figure it out. Here's his northern itinerary. Gotta admit I'm kinda chuckling that he's bypassing Ontario altogether.

No comments: