Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jan. 16: Mike Storck

It was a comedy weekend for me. A great one, too. On Friday night, I moseyed down to the Comedy Mix to see American comic, Chad Daniels at a sold-out show. I'd never heard of him before but noted that he had been on Conan O'Brien's version of The Tonight Show so knew he had some credentials. I know, credentials are usually never an indication of much, but in this case, they were. Daniels was hilarious. Great joke writing and persona. Able to do the "I can't stand my wife and kids" thing without being derivative of Louis CK. But that was just part of his varied material. Next time he's in town, I'm definitely going back.

Then last night, I trekked out to New Westminster to see Baltimore-based Mike Storck. Mike's been through town a couple of times now and I'd never seen him before. He wowed a packed crowd telling tales of doing comedy for old folks on cruise ships and delivering pizza, among other topics. And no doubt we'll also get more into those stories tonight on What's So Funny?

What? Yes, Storck will be our guest live in studio tonight. And unlike many an international guest, Mike's actually done his homework and listened to a few past episodes of the podcast. So he knows the drill. I'm looking forward to getting to know him tonight. Fingers crossed he doesn't get lost on his way back from Whistler this afternoon.

No comments: