Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16: Kevin Foxx

It's Father's Day so tonight we have one of the funniest fathers I know on. Stand-up comic Kevin Foxx also has, in my opinion, the highest batting average of any Tweeter in Twitterland (or Facebook poster, for that matter). Follow him at @MrKevinFoxx and see what I mean. Tonight will mark his third appearance on the show, coming on solo in 2006 then with Damonde Tschritter in 2010. So we've got some catching up to do. I know he teaches stand-up comedy now (message him through Facebook if you're interested, although I have no idea if the class is full yet). And he still headlines around the country. Being taught comedy by an actual working and touring comic has got to give a big leg-up to any aspiring comedian. And his weekly Wednesday night comedy show at Displace in Kits is one of my favourite rooms in the city.

It all gets underway tonight at 11 pm PST on CFRO, 100.5 FM in Vancouver or livestream it at coopradio.org. Got it? Good.


No comments: