Follow GuyMacPherson on Twitter

Monday, November 25, 2013

Podcast episode 332ish: Dave Martin

First an update on our iTunes situation: We're completely off. We can't figure out what's going on there. They can't figure out what's going on there. But hopefully someday soon someone will figure out what's going on there and we'll be back up and running. In the meantime, we've joined the Stitcher family! I say family because upon our arrival they tweeted about us. So welcoming, right? iTunes never did that. So go on over to Stitcher, add us to your playlists, and give us a review. Please and thank you. And of course there are other ways to find us. Like right here, for instance.

Now, onto business. Dave Martin makes his first What's So Funny? appearance in this episode. In fact, we met moments before hitting the record button on the old Zoom H4N. But we got along like a house on fire. No, we didn't run screaming from each other. Never really understood how that expression works, but I know what it means. We spoke for almost 90 minutes. There was the requisite Rob Ford discussion, since Martin is Toronto born and reared. Dave tried to use the old "but he's doing a good job" line but I would have none of it. I think I nailed him on that one, if I do say so myself. It's not a competition, though. Nor are our own shows in competition (although his is still up on iTunes, so if it were a competition, he'd have won). He co-hosts, along with 3-time WSF? guest Darren Frost, a show called Anything Goes on Sirius satellite radio, with accompanying podcast. What else? You're just going to have to tune in to find out.

As I wrote above, I highly recommend Stitcher. Get the app. Add us. Do what you have to do. I'll let you know when/if we get back on iTunes. Or, you know, you can always sit at your desk and listen right here. And if you're looking for the archives, dating back to 2004, they're all housed at comedycouch.com:



No comments: